I'm always super thrilled and extremely honored when I have people ask me to take their photos.
However, I will admit a slight fear.
My reaction process usually goes a little something like this:
- Shock: "Me? Me? Take YOUR photos?! Really?! Meeeeeee?"
- Denial: "Surely not me...no..can't be..."
- Fear: "Oh crap, what if I suck?"
- Super fear: "What if they don't turn out?!! What if they reeeeealllly suck?"
- Hunger: "Where did I put that doughnut?"
- Acceptance: "Holy crap, they DO want me to take their photos"
- And lastly (and what I can only contribute to a sugar high, re: doughnut), Hope: " I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me."
And if I never reach number 7???
I require a reality check:
A swift bop on the head.
I like to think that my husband married me because he likes riding emotional roller-coasters.
Anyhoo, I really do enjoy the opportunity to photograph folks!
Especially super adorable ones like this:
Soon to be a family of four!
Another little girl!
(Yay for girls!! I am a little biased)
Normally this little lady is all smiles like this:
But that's about one of the only grins we got out of her the whole time..
and I think its cause she knew we were leaving.
But when your this stinkn' adorable..
do you really need to smile?
But a slight tickle torture never hurts either.
Big thanks to the K family for letting me take their photos during a thunder storm with mosquitoes, dead snakes and my undiagnosed case of neurosis.